2012-01-18 / Front Page

Corona Man Charged In Massive Child-Porn Bust

By Liz Goff

A 35-year-old Corona man last week was arraigned on a 3,000-count indictment charging him with the possession and promotion of more than 1,000 images and 500 videos featuring child pornography.

Queens District Attorney Richard Brown said Elvis Infante, of Corona, was charged with 1,544 counts of possessing a sexual performance by a child and 1,544 counts of promoting a sexual performance by a child at his arraignment at Queens Supreme Court.

Brown said Queens NYPD detectives were alerted on August 19, 2010, by the New York Internet Crimes Against Children that someone uploaded 12 child pornography images to Ning, a social networking Web site.

Operators at Ning intercepted the images and reported them to the Crimes Against Children group, Brown said. A Hotmail e-mail address associated with the username was traced and found registered to Infante.

Queens detectives went to Infante’s home on November 24, 2010 and seized his computer, where they found 80 images of child pornography, Brown said. Further forensic testing led detectives to more than 1,000 additional images and more than 500 videos of children depicted in a sexual manner or performing sexual acts.

Queens Supreme Court Justice Richard Buchter ordered Infante held in lieu of $100,000 cash bail or $250,000 bond.

Infante faces a maximum of seven years in prison on each count, if convicted.

“These videos depict real children who are emotionally and physically scarred for the rest of their lives,” Brown said. “These cruel acts cannot and will not be tolerated in a civilized society.”

Brown said the investigation was headed by Detective Andrew Jackson of the NYPD Computer Crimes Squad.
 

Return to top

Copyright 1999-2018 The Service Advertising Group, Inc. All rights reserved.